Skip to main content

Spring Garden Plant Delights

The garden seems to be going crazy at the moment and needs some serious attention. I have discovered that my soil despite being heavy clay and at the moment resembling the Sahara dessert it can grow some seriously healthy weeds.



The mint seems to have come back to life and as strong as ever, it's now all over this border.



We have an wonderful selection of primroses and they are popping up all over the place, the variety of colour amazes me and I will be honest I have not planted one of them. But these delicate tucked away plants in the most odd places in the garden always makes me smile.









Our wonderful traditional rose the rambling rector I must admit I always want to call it the rampent rector maybe that's due to it being a beast and goes mental but I can not find the words to say how much I love it. This is a picture of last year.



Our pretty clematis has come into flower, it's over our back door and urgently needs some work to train better. It's a wonderful draw for the bees and the humm we hear by the back door is wonderful. They boys have gone from being scared to chatting to Mr Bumble bee.








Lastly some plants just about to bloom much to the bees delight





I am a little stressed by how already the garden is becoming out of control already and we are only just entering spring. I have not taken the photos of the mess this is another post that I will tackle soon along with the fact our garden is a spring colour garden and we need some summer flowers.



Mami 2 Five

Comments

  1. The Clematis looks like it just needs pinning up - like an overgrown fringe! Don't get stressed - enjoy the good bits, improve the bad as and when you have time - it'll all be ok in time. I took on a neglected garden & in nearly 4 years I have made some inroads but the weeds keep fighting back!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, we have some wire and the husband is doing some DIY but going to let it flower. How are weeds so amazing they can grow anywhere xxx

      Delete
  2. Those primroses are so lovely, we can grow all sorts here but I've never seen those. I've recently had to hack back our climbers to get them going where we want to, it seems cruel but they soon grow back. Thanks for sharing on SundayStars

    ReplyDelete
  3. We have murdered every plant to ever cross our threshold in 1 month of less so I am impressed. We have toxic fingers rather than green, I guess.

    #sundaystars

    ReplyDelete
  4. My mummy has a good habit of killing plants and flowers. Garden looks great :) #SundayStars

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love this time of year with all the new growth, hubby is a keen gardener I haven't got a clue I just buy beautiful plants and hop that he will look after them x

    ReplyDelete
  6. My hubby is a keen gardener and has started his usual potting around but we have a lot of work to do too! Your flowers are gorgeous though. Lovely to sit out and admire them xx #sundaystars

    ReplyDelete
  7. Everything looks gorgeous. Clematis are one of my favourites. I've treated myself to two new ones this year for our garden. Just need to find time now to plant them!

    ReplyDelete
  8. My Dad is always out in the garden and talks about his Clematis - at least now I know what they look like! Wonderful photos

    ReplyDelete
  9. Beautiful garden! I like the purple and pink flowers best! We have daffodils and lots of weeds lol and our puppy loves trying to eat them all! Angela xx

    Angela recently posted “guess how much I love you” http://wp.me/p5XRN6-1iq

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Meal Plan Friday 30th September 2022

 The weather is really starting to turn and we are starting to want some more comfort food. Friday - Pizza as the boys have swimming and we do not have much time Saturday - Sticky Chinese chicken Sunday - Pork medallions with apples and roasts monday - Chicken burgers with cheese and pineapple tuesday - tagaltlli in a cheese sauce with mushrooms and ham wednesday - tuna fishcakes served with green veg and tomato sauce thursday - birthday tea for my middle son of pizza and chips with two friends we will have veggie chilli and rice

Meal Plan Friday 23rd September 2022

 Wow it has been a while but here we are again with the meal plan. Friday - Treat dinner out with friends Saturday - Cesear Salad as Mr MC&W is back from San Fransisco. Tortellini for the boys. Sunday - Spag Bol for us all Monday - Omelettes and Chips for us all Tuesday - Pasta, chopped tomatoes and bacon Wednesday - Fish, mash and peas Thursday - Cajun rice from a pinch of nom

Meal Plan Friday 11th March 2022

 Spring seems to be slowly springing into action. The garden much to my delight is coming back to life with the bulbs planted in the autumn about to come into flower. Friday - Sweet and Sour Chicken Saturday - Gammon, Egg and Chips Sunday - Toad in the Hole Monday - Fish, New Potatoes and veggies. Fishcakes for the boys. Tuesday - Chicken Curry Wednesday - Quorn Slices with mash and veggies Thursday - Fajita Pie. Wraps for the boys.